STOP TO IMPUNITY – CONTINUING HUMAN RIGHTS VIOLATIONS IN IRAN
On Friday, September 20, the Nonviolent Radical Party Transnational Transparty, in cooperation with France Libertés – Fondation Danielle Mitterand, Women’s Human Rights International Associationand International Educational Development, hosted a parallel event to the 42ndRegular Session of the United Nations Human Rights Council at the Palais des Nations in Geneva.
The event aimed to provide a historic oversight and the latest insights into the Iranian regime’s human rights violations and included direct testimonies from Iranians.The following panelists provided their expert view:
- GiulioMaria Terzi di Sant’Agata, Member of the Honorary Presidency of the NRPTT, President of the Global Committee for the Rule of Law “Marco Pannella”, former Minister of Foreign Affairs
- Alejo Vidal-Quadras, former Vice-President of the European Parliament (1999 – 2014), President of the International Committee In Search of Justice
- Tahar Boumedra, former Director of the Human Rights Office of the United Nations Assistance Mission in Iraq (UNAMI) and expert on the death penalty
- Alfred-Maurice de Zayas, former UN Independent Expert on the Promotion of a Democratic and Equitable International Order
- Laurence Fehlmann Rielle, Member of the Swiss Federal Parliament
- Kirsty Brimelow, QC, British lawyer, specialist in international human rights
- Henrik Hermansson, political scientist and human rights researcher
The event was moderated by Hanifeh Khayyeri (Women’s Human Rights International Association) and Laura Harth, NRPTT Representative to the United Nations Institutions.